Saturday, January 10, 2015

"Ponder"

It's been a long time, friends. But as the fresh slate of this brand new year lies ahead of me, I keep coming back to a word that struck me in my reading of the Christmas passage last month.

"But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart." (Luke 2:19)

Ponder.

By definition: think about something carefully, especially before making a decision or reaching a conclusion. That verse keeps rolling around in my mind, even weeks later. I am beginning to realize that all too often, I am way too busy doing, and not doing enough thinking. I tend to be one who just does. Don't feel too much, don't say too much, don't think too much, just DO. Go through the motions. Smile when appropriate. Talk about this and that and the other thing. Take care of the husband and child. Just do. And although that can have it's benefit in some aspects and seasons of life, I am realizing that I am missing out. I need to take the time to pause long enough to just think - to ponder - and let God teach me through my life experiences instead of just moving on to the next thing so that I appear to have it all together.

So, here I am. Ready to pick up the "pencil" and take some time to jot down my thoughts. So get ready to hear more from me.

I am pondering. :)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Yay! So glad to "see" you again!!!