Friday, February 20, 2015

Love Your Neighbor


Wouldn't you want to go home with one of these little lovelies? It sure is nice to have a reason to have the oven on when it is -10* outside! Brrrrr. I used this recipe and I have to tell you, it is a keeper! The cinnamon-sugar streusel in the middle? Delicious. Little L is a big fan. This Sunday is "Love Your Neighbor Day" at church - and I've been a busy little beaver preparing and planning for the meal and the gifts and the decorations and the flyers and amidst all the busy-ness and hubbub, I've been reminded of the need to ponder some things, and pray over some things, instead of just do them as I'm so often tempted to do. It's nice to invite people to church, yes, and it's nice to try and give them a good experience when they are there. But what's REALLY important is the PEOPLE themselves, not all the other stuff. Just a little reminder for me. If I'm doing all this in an effort to reach more people for Jesus, and I can honestly say that I'm doing what He wants me to to reach them, then that is great, work on! But if I'm hiding behind my busy-work and pretty little projects so that I don't actually have to "get my hands dirty" and truly help broken, needy people come to Jesus, then shame on me. It's hard for me. I don't think I realized until the last couple of years how much I really am an introvert at heart - but that's just it. If I can't become uncomfortable for the cause of Christ, then what kind of follower am I? I'm so thankful He was willing to become uncomfortable for me.  Just some thoughts as I make my banana bread today. Have a delicious weekend, my dears!

No comments: